Pages

Saturday 16 April 2011

I can't see the wood for the trees - Thematic Photography

A few years back I studied the history of a wood close to my home and as a consequence have a batch of photos of trees. The problem is which ones to post.

This one caught my eye on Tresco in the Scilly Isles
This is close to the wood and suffered in a winter storm but seems determined to survive by leaning on those next to it.
These have become the place to be for a desirable rookery.

Or a refuge for a wood pigeon

Dead silver birch have become the home for something else.

Becoming the host for the tinder (Horses' Hooves) fungi kills them off.

7 comments:

David Robinson said...

some quite bizarre pictures there, Bob and they remind me of some I took at Icod in Tenerife. I could have sent them to you if I'd known.

Bish Denham said...

I love that first picture.

Robyn Campbell said...

Great pics, Bob. Our farm is surrounded by trees. I'll check out the link. Happy Saturday. :-)

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

Oh wow, I particularly love the tree in the first picture.

Elizabeth Grimes said...

Wow, those are all great. You really did have trouble deciding which to post. :) How nice of you to visit my blog and leave a comment. I look forward to reading more of yours!

Leovi said...

Excellent sequence. That forest is delighted, I like the texture of the trees.

21 Wits said...

Bob all of these are grand treedom rings photos, capturing life within trees is the best..tweet-tweet, and stunning views from all ...I only just got my entry in.....I so enjoyed your post!