Pages

Thursday 30 April 2015

A - Z Challenge 2015 - Butterflies 'Z'

Z - Zerene cesonia

Well we have got to 'Z' and it's time for you to work out what the butterfly will be. It's not a Zebra Swallowtail even although I did consider that.

Here are a couple of clues.


His name is Finn
But that's a red herring.

This is Scout (but you don't need to know this)
Finn and Scout live in the southern part of Michigan - this should help, if you have identified the feature common to each photo.

Here's the pattern on the butterfly's wing.

What does it look like to you?
Hint: Finn and Scout each have one. Remember where they live and you should be able to work out that Zerene cesonia is a butterfly called ,,,,,, wait for it.

If you have read all my earlier posts you will have seen the lyrics to a song unfold line by line. Listen to it now before you check the answer.


Zerene cesonia is a -

Southern Dogface
I hope that this was not too difficult for you to work out.

Thanks and congratulations to everyone who has completed this year's challenge, visited and commented on 'my' butterflies.

Photo attributions:
  • Zerene cesonia, dogface pattern; by Megan McCarthy, 17 Oct 2008 - Public domain
  • Southern Dogface; by Megan McCarthy, 17 Oct 2008 - Public domain


13 comments:

PL Keenor said...

Unfortunately I have alighted on your blog on the very last day of the A to Z Challenge. There are some great posts here so I will be back to have a look around! I'm at www.thatspurrfect.blogspot.com

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Good one an good on reaching the end

jp@A Green Ridge said...

Oh, you dog, you!...:)JP

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

Well, no, I didn't work it out.

The song always reminds me of the TV programme with Wendy Craig, not normally Dolly Parton.

21 Wits said...

WooHoo you sure have a bang up ending to this! Your humor in this will be my go power all day today!

Kristin said...

Ha! I didn't work it out but that was a great Z post. Congrats on finishing the challenge!

Jo said...

Gawd Bob, did you have to? Don't you think we have all worked hard enough?

Lovely butterfly to end up with. Congratulations on your A to Z.

Bish Denham said...

Very nice ending to a lovely challenge. I wondered about the poem and didn't recognize it. A sweet song. Dolly is a very talented woman.

Maria said...

What a pity I didn't get to figure it out despite the clues! Haha.

Congrats to us for finishing the challenge! :D

Julie Flanders said...

I couldn't work it out because I was too distracted by the adorable dog photos!

Kern Windwraith said...

What a great way to wrap up the challenge, Bob, and the Southern Dogface is a lovely finisher. (Those two adorable dogs don't hurt either.)

Looking forward now to going back and visiting all the butterflies I missed. Congratulations on making it through to Z!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Bob - lovely photos of your son's dogs ... delightful duo .. while the Southern Dogface is an interesting name for the Butterfly. - may be it does look a 'little like' ...

Well done on the Zerene Cesonia .. clever find ...

The butterflies have been fun to see ... and to see the differences sometimes ... and to end with Dolly singing "Love is Like a Butterfly" - lovely .. cheers Hilary

Melissa Sugar said...

I was also distracted by the adorable dog photos . I have a Lab and he is the love of my life . I wish I'd found your blog sooner but I've bookamarked it so I can visit again .
Congratulations for making it to the end of the challenge. I'm trying to make my way through the list and visit all the participants.
Melissa Sugar
@msugar13
Sugarlaw13@live.com
Http://fictiontoolbox.blogspot.com