Pages

Tuesday 23 October 2012

Travel, Travel - Thematic Photography

The travel theme is so broad that it's difficult to know what to include. In the 1980s I lived and worked in Norway and sometimes had to use a hydrofoil like this.

Stavanger - Bergen hydrofoil
The old town of Stavanger is very picturesque and isn't always as empty as it was the day the shot was taken.

Gamle Stavanger
Perhaps this was the day that the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh visited the town aboard the Royal Yacht.

HMY Britannia (passing Rosenberg Verft)
I never got to see the Queen as I was at Rosenberg Verft at the time.

I did get the chance to capture this shot in Germany when my daughter was at university there.

Freiburg
 However I know that the chance to travel in space will never come my way but that does not stop me admiring pictures taken by the Hubble Space Telescope.

Hubble Telescope docked with the shuttle Endeavor (ex NASA)

 Now you should travel over to Carmi's thematic-photographic-218 and see where other folk have been.


12 comments:

Unknown said...

Great photographs Bob, enjoyed them as always!

21 Wits said...

Oh I know what you mean Bob, about what to include! This could be a post more than once theme, as it's fun just digging through your own stuff and then being able to take a journey through the photos of others! You really took me on some fun stops, but you forget to serve the wine or tea! Come on Bob! :)

theMuddledMarketPlace said...

oh how tantalising! a short snap and you move on! there are STORIES here!!!!

( sorry, lovely shots.....)

Alexia said...

I agree - this theme is so HUGE I don't know how to approach it.
Some intriguing shots as always, Bob!

Lisa Shafer said...

Norway! I'm so jealous I've never been there.

Jo said...

I remember Stavanger, a long time ago now since I was there. I also used hydrofoils, but in the Maltese islands.

Lovely pictures, and I wish we could ride in space.

Maria said...

I went to see the Royal Yacht in Edinburgh but they were already closed when I got there and I was leaving Edinburgh for London the next day :(

Thanks for your comment on my blog and for wishing me well on my journey home!

Little Nell said...

My goodness that is a broad theme. You have so many wonderful pictures to choose from I can see why you had a difficult time.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

That's a big yacht!

Great pics, Bob.
~

Gilly said...

Great shots! We're going back to Norway next year, so hope to have more pics to tantalise you!

Like the ferry shot - lots of movement there.

Max Sartin said...

Nice photos, I really like the row of homes in the second one.

carmilevy said...

I've always wanted to ride on a hydrofoil. Wish I knew where they were operating close to home. There were rumours that a company wanted to set up hydrofoil service on one of the Great Lakes near us, but that seems to have gotten stuck in endless red tape. Maybe someday soon...I'm sure it's quite the rush!