Pages

Tuesday 13 March 2012

Watery - Thematic Photography

The weekend just gone was lovely and warm, almost like  summer. Where better to be then than by the seaside; my photo's are ideal for the watery theme.

Saltburn, North Yorkshire
A watery sea, watery sand and wet dogs - a happy combination. The wide expanse of empty beach left room for equine exercise, but not for me.

Saltburn Beach
Same sea, same sand and the same dogs along with the horses. At the end of the beach going south the land makes a contrast with the watery North Sea.

Huntcliffe, Saltburn
There were no surfers in action while we were there but I can't resist the temptation to show a surfer in action (not at Saltburn)

Angus Scotney
Angus is our grandson and lives in Cornwall. He is an under-16 member of the British Surfing Team picked to compete in Panama in April.

Now it's your turn to surf the web for more watery stuff at Carmi's Written Inc. thematic-photographic-187

14 comments:

Gilly said...

Ah yes! Sandy wet happy dogs! That looks a lovely beach, and everything is very watery! Congrats to your grandson, and that is a great pose to have caught on camera!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Bob .. ah! no wonder you know Cornwall .. Congratulations to Angus and may the team be successful - good luck to them .. with a trip to Panama thrown in for his hard work .. lucky chap ..

Great fun and I love the other pictures .. cheers Hilary

Marc Latham said...

Nice photos Bob. Looks like it was a beautiful day...

Administrator said...

Enjoyed your Blog Bob and I will be back as I have joined and am following.

Please feel free to come join my Blog at: Go Daily Deal Lovers
http://www.godailydeallovers.blogspot.com

FilipBlog said...

Very good article aligned with the theme.

Greetings,
Filip

Little Nell said...

These are gorgeous shots Bob. I particularly like the shadows of the riders and the patterns of the sandy hoofprints. That action shot of Angus is amazing.

21 Wits said...

Oh my goodness what an amazing grandson, Angus really knows how to ride the waves....just an awesome job. I had to start with him first, but your other photos (of course with the doggies too!) what a day at the seaside for sure, and to go horseback riding along the shore, what a treat that is! Great watery shots...they just give me the urge to get out there...but we pretty much still have ice and mucky water/ice in all of the lakes near me.... :(

Max Sartin said...

Oh, how I miss the beach. Great photos of people just walking along it enjoying the water, and that cliff is fantastic.

larkswing said...

Happy dogs, happy horses . . . I know someone that owns some llamas, and I have seen pictures of their gatherings at an Atlantic cost beach. Animals and beaches...great combo :)

Lisa Shafer said...

Wow. The sand in that top pic is so smooth; it's perfect!

Alexia said...

Oh yes - dogs, horses, beaches - just about all of my favourite things. Great shots, too.
Well done to your grandson - maybe he'll come and surf in New Zealand one day!

tony said...

My Favourite Coast.I just want to jump in your photos and swim!

theMuddledMarketPlace said...

fab last one there!

loving Saltburn beach though........

theMuddledMarketPlace said...

loving that last one

Saltburn beach looks inviting............