Pages

Thursday 10 December 2015

Roadside - Thematic Photography

A high proportion of shots I take are of things I see on my daily 2 mile walk (each way) to collect a newspaper.

Carmi's Roadside theme is just right for me even if the results are a bit mundane.

Refuse wheelie bin on the path the day after the weekly collection
Some 'waste' however is squashed flat on the road.


Deposit left by a horse from the village riding school
On a corner the salt/grit bin is positioned ready for ice and snow.

Salt bin
The 'rag and bone' man collects items like these left out by residents.

Chairs for scrap metal disposal
At this time of year the seats and table outside the village pub are not crowded.


There is always the chance that dog walkers will be seen enjoying the grass at the roadside.


Of course I could always divert down the lay-by opposite attracted by the promise of the sign.


Even if it is only a 'take away.'

Snoopy's snacks
I really must come by after dark to enjoy the promise of -

Christmas lights
Including those on top of the wall.


For further enlightenment by the roadside visit others' link at Thematic-Photographic-358.

2 comments:

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

You were clearly having phun.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Well I used to have to walk 2 miles uphill each way!

;-)

Nice pics, Bob.
~