Pages

Sunday 27 December 2015

Favourite choice - Sunday Stamps !!

With so many available and after 36 hours of rain it was difficult to make a choice.

As I have recently transferred all my American stamps to a stock book and arranged them in date of issue sequence I decided to include just one.

USA - George Washington 1923
I chose this one because it is the oldest in my collection from the States.

Closer to home and much more recent it just had to be one from a set of 10 issued in 2015 that I have shown before.

Great Britain - Tees Transporter Bridge, River Tees
Now it has stopped raining we might even go out and take a look at it in real life - if the river banks are not flooded, that is.

I know that Violet has chosen bridges for next week to start the New Year off, but I could not resist showing you my favourite stamp of 2015.

Hope you had a very merry Christmas and I wish you all the best for the New Year.

Don't for get to check out others' favourites at Sunday-Stamps-II-54.


5 comments:

FinnBadger said...

I thought that the bridges set was very well done. And thanks for sharing your oldest US stamp.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Bob - yes .. it all looks devastating up there - and it will be interesting to see some other photos. I feel for all those flooded and devastated ...

With thoughts and love the Trent Bridge .. cheers Hilary

VioletSky said...

I don't think I've seen a Washington stamp until now!
I've been reading about the dreadful flooding. This bridge looks high enough to stay clear of rising water.
Thank you for your participation in Sunday Stamps each week. Looking forward to another year of your finds!

Joy said...

Yes I liked the Bridges stamps, in fact subconciously I must have liked them so much I ordered the set of postcards twice by mistake.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

Kilroy :)