Pages

Sunday 13 December 2015

Secular Christmas - Sunday Stamps II

In two weeks it will be over but even we 'heathens' have a Christmas tree up now.

From Australia I found these children's drawings.

Australia - Christmas 1983
I have a third stamp from this group but you will have to wait till next week to see.

I also can show two stamps from Canada but I have not tracked down yet the year in which they were issued.

Canada 
I usually receive a Christmas card from Denmark each year. Here is one to fit the theme.

Denmark 2013
For more secular Christmas stamps check out others at Sunday-Stamps-II.

6 comments:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Bob - christmas stamps can be fun - we've had some funny ones! I love getting cards from overseas and seeing their ideas etc ... Love the Aussie ones .. with their creativity and the fact the PO have allowed their names to appear ... wonder what they're both doing 32 years later!

Cheers and have fun in the build up of seasonal cheer - it's still 'warm' down here - ridiculous!: definitely we need some cold - but hope we don't have a mega winter period ... I know you're in winter time a few hundred miles further north .. all the best - Hilary

FinnBadger said...

Yes, just two weeks of madness left.. I'm with you there, although I also like having a tree. Kids drawings always make great christmas stamps!

Joy said...

The Christmas hat on the kookaburra? is so funny. A day at the beach in the sunshine would be nice too.

VioletSky said...

I believe the Canadian stamps might be from 1970 (judging by the price - I've got a list of price changes to help me keep track of the dates of issue)
The Australian ones make me smile - a kookaburra with a Christmas hat and Santa flying over people on a beach!

Mail Adventures said...

I like to see Christmas in the summer. A different concept for me! :)

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

(just saying hi)

:O)