Pages

Sunday 6 December 2015

Playtime, toys or games - Sunday Stamps II

This has proved a difficult theme for me. However when looking for some stamps for Words and Numbers last week another William Caxton stamp caught my eye.

Great Britain 1976 - Game and Playe of Chess
Then I've had to cheat a bit and go to New Zealand for some 'games'.

New Zealand 1974 - Xth British Commonwealth Games
I know that Sunday Stamps has a Christmas theme for the next two weeks but I found a different New Zealand stamp which shows a game in progress.

Cricket on the beach - Christmas 2013
I struggled to find a toy that I had not shown before but an old Swedish toy saved the day.

Sweden 1978
My wife usually asks me on a Sunday whether I have finished playing with my stamps. Little did she know that 'Playtime' is very appropriate for Violet this week at Sunday-Stamps-II-51.


7 comments:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Bob - well done ... there's a range there. Love the Swedish horse and then the game of cricket on the beach ...

I imagine you have to hold a stamp or two back .. in case you need one for another theme at another date ...

Cheers and enjoy Sunday - if the wind has died down a little and you're not under water - honestly it looks terrible - I know it's always local .. but I feel for everyone who has been flooded, or wind-damaged. Hilary

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Then I never mentioned the Caxton one - what a fantastic stamp to see - thanks! H

FinnBadger said...

I like how you interpreted the theme this week. Christmas in the southern hemisphere is definitely a different experience.

Heleen said...

Beautiful collection, especially the first one!

I love (and more or less collect) chess stamps, but this one I've never seen before, it's a beautiful design!

Joy said...

The NZ one looks the perfect way to spend Christmas Day.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

Kilroy was here

Mail Adventures said...

Me too, I like your approaching to this weeks's topic.