Pages

Tuesday 15 December 2015

Parallel - Thematic Photography

I hope that Carmi's railway is not used very often as his parallel picture must have been taken from a dangerous position.

The number of examples of parallel lines about surprised me somewhat.

I'm not sure that the symbols showing emergency diversion routes for main road traffic are appropriate but this one does include - 

A parallelogram
Road markings can include numerous parallel lines which bend a bit.

Central white lines
You can even see a parallelogram of sorts in places like this.


If you decide to go off road and across the fields you must avoid the parallel bars 

Of the entrance gate

On the other side of the road you might have to practice a thieves leap over 

A five-barred gate
For some, parallels are just a resting place.

A wood pigeon's perch
Up close it's much more impressive.

Woody dares you to walk underneath
It's a while since I included a photo of dogs so here's one from a few years ago.

Gem, Maxie and Sam behind the vertical parallels
Sadly all three have crossed the rainbow bridge but at least they can now run where they like and it's Lily, Gabby, Finn and Scout who have to look out between the bars.

To find other parallels you need to check out others' links at Thematic-Photographic-359.

6 comments:

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

personally, I slant more on the diagonal.

Gilly said...

You are familiar then, Bob, with a thieves' leap over the gate??!! Love all your parallels - mind bend a bit too, but then Carmi didn't say they had to be straight, just parallel!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Bob - those are great parallels - fun to see the ideas you come up with ... love the dog bars - but am glad new ones grace the presence of those parallels ... cheers Hilary

Bob Scotney said...

I think I would need a high powered spring board these days before I attempted a thieves leap - if I could run fast enough on the approach, Gilly

Michèle et Jean-Claude said...

Can always count on you Bob to have wonderful photos of our dog friends! Parallels are also very interesting. And my train photo is in France. Our Canadian trains sadly don't allow bikes.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Parallelograms take me back to H.S. geometry. It was not my best subject. But I did like algebra, and calculus was just amazing.
~