Pages

Sunday 28 July 2013

Trees - Sunday Stamps

The theme this week proved more difficult than I thought. Perhaps I couldn't see the wood for the trees.

However I am reasonably sure what this is.

Bangladesh - Palm Tree
Still in the southern hemisphere I came across a log, even if I don't know what tree it came from.

New Zealand
In colder northern climes a make believe tree.

Iceland - Europa CEPT
Perhaps this one is easier to identify.

Iceland - Spruce?
My final tree is one produced by a Norwegian romantic painter.


Norway - Slindebirken by Thomas Fearnley (1802-1842)

I believe this is a birch of some sort.

I'm hoping someone will be able to show some trees from Britain. I know of at least two that have appeared - the horse chestnut and the oak.

To see other varieties please cross over to Sunday-stamps-131.

11 comments:

agi said...

haha well i still think this is a great variety on the topic, each stamp is beautiful in its own way

Lisa B said...

Great selection, I found the same that it was more difficult to find tree stamps. I thought I had an FDC with a set of 4 (probably from the '70s) but couldn't find it, so maybe I imagined that set, otherwise GB doesn't seem to have had many trees.

La Crona said...

Exciting with the trees and nature of Iceland.

Marc Latham said...

Nice, last one's a beautiful image.

Postcardy said...

That group proves there is more than one way to represent a treee on stamps.

Jo said...

I too like the last one very much. I wonder why there aren't more tree stamps.

VioletSky said...

I found lots of leaves, and scenes with trees, but not so many of trees themselves. That first one from Bangladesh looks a bit out of scale, no?!

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

For someone who says he found it hard, you've done incredibly well!

Little Nell said...

Oh Bob you did do well. Judging by its rings that log is from a very old tree! That last stamp is beautiful - well done.

viridian said...

I agree with postcards you have done well. Funny,there aren't many trees today in Iceland.

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said...

Just like any other tropical country, Palm Trees are also quite common here in the Phils and I could see it everyday.
Nice tree selection you got here. :)

Willa @ Postage Journal