Pages

Sunday 21 July 2013

Royal Couples - Sunday Stamps

For Viridian's theme of birth, marriage, death and other life changes I have selected three royal couples to show. Two of the marriages were not to last.

Great Britain
Princess Anne & Captain Mark Phillips
Prince Andrew & Sarah Ferguson
And in the week when a royal birth was expected, I have to include, from a first day cover -

Prince William and Catherine Middleton
The FDC will soon find its way to Willa.

For other  life changing events move over to Sunday-stamps-130.

11 comments:

Joy said...

Interesting to see the style of stamp portraits though the years. Looks like the Queen will have set off on holiday before the baby arrives.

Postcardy said...

I especially like the Princess Anne & Captain Mark Phillips stamp.

Little Nell said...

Oh I hope it wasn't being featured on a stamp that jinxed the marriage!

Lisa B said...

I remember we had a day off school to watch Princess Anne's wedding on tv :).

Jo said...

Hmm, I hope the fact that you are using two failed marriage pictures doesn't bode ill for the third set.

Glad I am not a reporter on the Royal Baby Watch, especially in all the heat you guys have been having.

Unknown said...

Lovely collection, interesting one of Andrew and Sarah F.

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said...

oh wow! what a beautiful FDC and Thank you so much! Their wedding is quite special to me because it is the same day as my birthday,April 29. Your postcard is also on its way to you. :)
Thank you in advance.
Thanks also for visiting my entry, I already fix my image.

Postage Journal:Sunday Stamps #62:Life Changing Events

viridian said...

In this house we are eagerly awaiting the royal baby. Thanks for participating this week!

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

Ah, snap! At least in part.

agi said...

more royalty :) i like seeing those older issues that one doesnt come across by postcrossing...

Kat Mortensen said...

I really enjoyed having a look at these, Bob. Thanks!