Pages

Tuesday 20 April 2021

A-Z Challenge 2021 - Photo Shoot: Q - Quarry Wood, Quill, Queueing

 I was all of a quiver trying to find a photo to match 'Q', then I remembered the nature reserve at Preston Park. 


There is no quarry left there anymore just footpaths to follow through the wood beside the River Tees.

I learnt to write using a pen with a real nib before graduating to a fountain pen before the biro came along. I never had the chance to use a quill.

I understand these were made from 

Tail feathers of a bird

Somehow I don't think that from a wood pigeon, a victim of a hungry sparrow hawk would have been good enough. I believe the tail feathers from a goose were once preferred.




"Quill etc" by studentofrhythm is licensed under CC BY 2.0

In these pandemic days queueing has been necessary to gain access to many places - and don't ask about public lavatories. Even dogs have problem it seems 




No comments: