Pages

Wednesday 11 July 2012

Transportation - Thematic Photography

Transportation is such a broad them I don't know where to start. When visiting offshore oil and gas platforms I got used to helicopter rides. However this one was much more fun.

Air Monaco - ready for take off 2006
But while I was in Monaco I wanted a ride on the family yacht.

Unfortunately not my family
Back in the 1980s the Tall Ships came to Stavanger, this was the first ship to arrive.

Tall Ship (name not known)
Another ship at its home port looks more fearsome.

WWII Aircraft Carrier
I suppose transportation wouldn't be complete without a car or two. This one is quite humble but has an interesting name.

A humble Corsa going by the name of Winston
Winston was owned by an English girl in Germany. Now she lives in the USA and drives a German car.

An 'English' Mercedes in the USA
I hope you have enjoyed being transported to foreign parts. For more transportation delights just pop across and see what else is on offer at Carmi's thematic-photographic-203



8 comments:

21 Wits said...

I did so enjoy this Bob! I'm wondering how you got pictures of two of my boats, photo # 2 and Photo #3..nah, just kidding, but both would be marvelous to even just take a ride on! All great assets to the world of: Trans port ation!

Jo said...

Always love the tall ships. I remember seeing several of them in Norway too, many years ago. They were also in North Carolina once before their tall ships race.

Alexia said...

You've certainly made some interesting choices, Bob. The tall ship is lovely.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

The only time I've been in a helicopter was on a business trip to Brazil. Banco Bradesco treated its guests well!

Thanks for the pics, Bob.
~

Max Sartin said...

Great set of photos. I've always wanted to go on a helicopter ride, thought it would be fun to cruise over the city taking aerial photos of the city. Of course Google maps would be a lot easier, but not as fun.

Tina´s PicStory said...

cool cars! ... the building is the main station in stuttgart. :)

tony said...

i Wonder If Karen Would Let Me Borrow One Of Her Boats?

Gilly said...

Saw the tall ships at Liverpool one year - fantastic!

Wish I knew someone with a yacht, though!