|Gardens beside the River Nene in Wansford|
|City Centre River Near Peterborough|
|River Nidd at Knaresborough, Yorkshire|
A path beside the river takes you by a cave which legend says was the birthplace of soothsayer and prophetess Ursula Southheil, aka Mother Shipton. She is reputed to have foretold the Great Fire of London and the defeat of the Spanish Armada.
|Mother Shipton's Cave|
This is the entrance to her 'birthplace'.
The Mother Shipton Park is a major tourist attraction with the cave and a petrifying well where objects are turned to stone by the minerals in the water.
|The Dropping Well|
|View of the River Nidd from above Mother Shipton's Cave|
- River Nene in Wansford: 26 August 2013 by Forester2009 - CC BY-SA 3.0 licence
- City Centre River near Peterborough: June 1988 ex geograph.org.uk by John Goldsmith
- River Nidd at Knaesborough: 11 February 2004 by CambridgeBayWrather - CC BY-SA 3.0 licence
- Mother Shipton's Cave: 5 June 2010 by chris - CC BY 3.0 licence
- The Dropping Well: 6 August 2005 ex geograph.org.uk by Chris Gunns - CC BY-SA 2.0 licence
- River Nidd from above Mother Shipton's Cave: 6 August 2005 ex geograph.org.uk by Chris Gunns - CC BY-SA 2.0 licence