Pages

Wednesday 2 March 2016

Data - Thematic Photography

I've reached an age when studying lots of data is boring. So I rarely look at equity prices in the newspaper and never online. Not even - 


London Commodities Prices
That's London, England, Carmi not Ontario. And anyway there's probably an app for data such as this.

However even with leisure activities it's impossible it seems for some people not to record data of what they do.

Watching birds that frequent our garden - over 5 years data.
I've played a lot of golf over the years and can tell you how many courses I have played at;  I even at one time recorded my scores - hole by hole for every game. I won't bore you with data like that.

However I know of players who go to pieces every time they see the data on it every time they pick up a card.

There's another nine holes of data on the other side.
All before they've hit a ball.

I just wonder how Harry Potter kept the Quidditch score when he played behind these walls.


Alnwick Castle (where the film was made)
Perhaps he stored his data in the clouds.

Like us these days he has plenty to chose from.

If you haven't had enough, you may explore more data at Thematic-photographic-367.

6 comments:

Gilly said...

Love those ideas of yours! Yep, we've got a very similar bunch of statistics regarding birds in the garden/season! Especially as we do the BTO Garden Bird Survey!

21 Wits said...

Hooray for data, data and more date, cool choices, but I'd rather visit that lovely castle! Wow, and just look at that green, green grass!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Bob - clever post ... a typical engineer ... recording everything!

Wonderful to see and the Quiddich score .. Alnwick is a wonderful castle - I'd love to visit again .. especially their gardens, and the poison one! Cheers Hilary

Jo said...

Never been one for data and I hated having to record my golf scores. We used to keep bird lists though. Only recorded the names of the birds who visited our back yard in NC. No statistics. Love the castle, never been there.

Common Household Mom said...

Who wants to count commodities when you can count birds instead?! I love counting things (although I don't count birds) and I admire your bird-counting spreadsheet.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I record my golf scores until it gets to the point where I'm going to be disappointed again and go 'TO HECK with it!'

Lovely castle shot!
~