Pages

Saturday 5 March 2016

A last meow

Regular visitors to my blog will know that I am fond of dogs, but rarely mention cats.

I have always had to stop and 'chat' with one in the village that was known to everyone, including their dogs.



From her we always got a friendly greeting; she would leave her sunbathing spot to sit on the low wall alongside the footpath. She would not let you ignore her.

This morning I was told she has passed away, aged 17.


Her conscious tail her joy declared
The fair round face, the showy beard,
The velvet of her paws,
Her coat, that with the tortoise vies,
Her ears of jet and emerald eyes,
She saw and purred applause.
( Thomas Grey)

He last meow fades away.

4 comments:

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

All God's creatures are precious.

Ann Bennett said...

That is a lovely, sociable and quite obviously a well fed cat. I'm a cat lady who happens to own dogs. Actually, I love all creatures. Cheers to the life of a good animal.

L. D. said...

It is hard to lose them. Ours was 17 years and we still miss her. Your cat was a beautiful one.

Jo said...

How sad. Sorry to hear she has gone. 17 is a good age although I have known cats who live longer.