Pages

Sunday 20 March 2016

The Colour Green - Sunday Stamps II

I have a sheet of stamps that were issued in celebration of Earth Day 2011 which is particularly appropriate for this week's theme.

USA - Go Green - 14 April 2011
As you can see each stamp contains an eco-tip on simple things we can do each day. I wonder how many of the 16 tips you practise.

Norway has been a member of the Eureka organisation for European Technological Research since it started in 1985. This stamp issued 6 June 1994 is definitely green. However it's very difficult to make out the wording at the bottom of the stamp

Norway
With it having been St Patrick's Day this week I was disappointed that that I could not find a green stamp from Ireland to show.

This is an entry for Sunday-Stamps-II-66. where other green issues are to be found by following the links.

7 comments:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Bob - what an excellent choice .. very clever and very green!

I don't do all the tips - some, living in a flat, are not feasible ... but if I was in my own place then definitely ... the family do.

Brilliant - cheers Hilary

Ana said...

I love the Go Green set!!! And I actually practice like 12 or 13 of these...so I don't think it's that bad - the bike ride is on top, being my main means of transport (so maybe I will excused for that last 'tire pressure' one since even though I have a licence, I don't really drive :)))

VioletSky said...

I'd not seen the whole sheet of the US 'Go Green' stamps before and it's interesting that out of 16 stamps, I have several of the one for fixing leaks and a couple of maybe two others, but none of the remaining 12!

Joy said...

The Earth Day stamps are very striking, a good, and clear, message to send on an envelope. I couldn't find any Irish stamps either.

Mail Adventures said...

I love these "go green" stamps. I've received two of them, and I thought of posting them today. But it is better that you posted the whole sheet.

FinnBadger said...

I didn't even think of the go green sheet for this week. When I first bought mine, I didn't realise the dark green one was a stamp.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

NO IRISH, green stamps! Oh!