Pages

Sunday 21 June 2015

Cartoons/Children's Drawings - Sunday Stamps !!

The only children's drawings I could find were on Christmas stamps which didn't seem appropriate to show on the longest day of the year.

However this first day cover fits the bill commemorating a famous poet and illustrator.

Great Britain - 6 September 1988
I found this at my favourite market stall.

I'm sure you are all familiar with "The Owl and the Pussycat."


To see other cartoons/drawings please check the links at Sunday-Stamps-ii-27.

9 comments:

jp@A Green Ridge said...

How adorable they are!...:)JP

violet s said...

Not being around any children, I'd almost forgotten about these verses, But as soon as I see the drawings and read the first lines, it all comes flooding back.

FinnBadger said...

These stamps are fantastic, thanks for sharing them.

Jo said...

I quoted The Owl and the Pussycat for my Q is for Quince in A to Z. It seemed a lot of people on this side of the pond hadn't heard it before. Used to love Edward Lear.

Joy said...

A super set of stamps. How wonderful it must have been to receive a letter from Lear with his whimsical drawing.

21 Wits said...

Oh goodness, these are charming and so much fun to see. Lovely series of stamps Bob.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Can't remember those

viridian said...

Hurrah for the Market stall!

Mail Adventures said...

I'm not familiar with these characters, but I really like the stamps.