Pages

Tuesday 13 August 2013

Downward - Thematic Photography

I went searching in my archive to meet Carmi's 'Downward' theme this week. I had quite a choice but settled on these five..

Turbine Generator Exhausts - Platform construction site.
From my brother's pictures taken during WWII.

Aerial View - Attack on the Italian Fleet - Taranto 1940
I have no idea how my brother obtained this picture. There is one very similar in the Imperial War Museum. I have to assume that he obtained from a Fleet Air Arm pilot on the raid.

On a wet April day in 2010 I took some shots of and from the Clifton Suspension Bridge looking down in to the Avon Gorge.

Clifton Suspension Bridge and looking down the Avon Gorge
Avon Gorge from the Clifton Suspension Bridge
I am going to cheat with my last photo, I was not looking downwards but ....

Cody is!
For more downward views check out what others have done for Carmi's thematic-photographic-256.

10 comments:

Gilly said...

I like those exhausts - and great colours there!

Cody has definitely discovered something down there, too!

aw said...

Cody has clearly got the upper hand over that other dog in the water, Bob. An interesting range of pictures on the theme.
Ann

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Theda the Dawg was doing just that very thing at Lake Siri today. FUN FUN FUN!
~

Max Sartin said...

Awesome pictures, love the old one of the attack.

Jo said...

Great range of downward ideas. Love the pic of Cody.

Michèle et Jean-Claude said...

Your brother's photos have such a sense of history. And the colours in that first photo are great, the orange with the greenish water behind. I love the suspension bridge.

Kalei's Best Friend said...

I definitely have a fear of heights and your examples really confirmed it!..lol... I do like that photo of the retriever looking down... Downward dog, eh?

21 Wits said...

Well just read your comment on mine and you sure hit downward in two pretty obvious photos looking down in these photos, except maybe your dog!

Alexia said...

Cute Cody - he is such a lovely dog. Once again your brother's photo is fascinating to see. I really like your wet day gorge shots, Bob.

Anonymous said...

I love all of these shots, Bob. They're all dramatic in their own way. My favourite may just be of Cody though - too cute!