Pages

Sunday 13 October 2019

Sunday Stamps - Dinosaurs: Poland, Great Britain.

To my surprise I found a Polish stamp containing a dinosaur, the styracosaurus,  that I had not heard of before.


Poland - 5 March 1965
It stood 1.8 metres tall and was over 5 metres long.

I have used stamps commemorating Sir Richard Owen's classification of dinosaurs before - fortunately in A-Z themed posts. That means I can post another today.

Great Britain - 20 August 1991
For some mythical beasts check here and follow the links.


3 comments:

Mail Adventures said...

I hadn't heard of the styracosaurus before. Good choice!

Joy said...

I like how the Owen stamp gives a sense of scale. The number of different species still being discovered today is fascinating.

violet s said...

This styracosaurus looks a little cartoonish, but I am sure he was a fierce beast!
I like those Owen's dinosaurs with the little man being followed by the big dino.