Pages

Sunday 27 October 2019

Sunday Stamps - Bridges in the USA

I have never crossed this bridge - 


USA - 10 September 1998
When completed in 1937 it was then the longest suspension bridge in the world. The Golden Gate Bridge spans the opening into San Francisco Bay.

However I have been over a suspension bridge in Michigan.

USA - 3 February 2010
The Mackinac Bridge connects the upper and lower peninsulas. It opened in 1957.

To cross more bridges just use the links in the comments at Sunday Stamps.

3 comments:

Mail Adventures said...

The Golden Gate must be the more famous bridge in the world. But the bridge on the second stamp isn't less stunning.

Joy said...

I like how the Golden Gate Bridge is shown under construction and the bird's eye view of the Mackanac is superb.

violet s said...

I have been over both bridges - the Mackinac is terrifying.
Although, seeing the Golden Gate as unfinished looks also terrifying.
I admire these engineers and bridge builders!