Pages

Sunday 29 March 2015

Kew Gardens - Sunday Stamps II

I could have posted some individual trees in this woodlands, forests, parks or gardens theme but chose instead to stay in the famous Kew Gardens.


Great Britain - Kew Gardens, 150th Anniversary
I must admit that this is not a favourite set of mine with what I think are wishy-washy colours. My scan has 'improved' their appearance.

Issued on 5 June 1990, the stamps are:
  • 20p Cycad and Sir Joseph Banks Building
  • 29p Stone Pine and Princess of Wales Conservatory
  • 34p Willow Tree and Palm House
  • 37p Cedar Tree and Pagoda
To see what others have chosen this week, follow the links at Sunday-stamps-ii-15.


9 comments:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Bob - they look quite bright now - but when I first saw them they were wishy washy. Remember to add the links ...

I'm looking forward to seeing the revamp at Kew - I'll get up there for a day again at some stage ..

Cheers and see you Wednesday - Hilary

Joy said...

I don't remember these, they look rather lovely on your scan.

FinnBadger said...

I like these, however I can see how they might have been underwhelming given the options to be a more colorful celebration of the gardens.

VioletSky said...

I was thinking these are nice, though the colours are not necessarily 'British' looking (whatever that means, just not what I would have expected). But there are some stamps that look wishy washy and I think are improved by my adjustments!

Rosalind Adam said...

They're lovely stamps. Trees are amazing.

Jo said...

They certainly look great in your blog. Would you believe I lived close to Kew for 4 years and never made it to the Gardens.

♥ Willa @ Postage Journal♥ said...

I think you quite made the right choices on these stamps. :)

Willa @ Postage Journal
Sunday Stamps97: Parks & Garden

Mail Adventures said...

I thought the same of VioletSky: the stamps don't seem British! I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because I started to receive British stamps in 1999...

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

The only one I remember seeing was the 37p one, and I thought it was a Christmas stamp!