Pages

Tuesday 10 January 2012

After Dark - Thematic Photography



Carmi's theme this week was after dark. I had to search my archive for these shots. The first one is a cheat as I'll admit it's a postcard from Stavanger.
Stavanger - View of harbour area Vågen by night
Staying in Stavanger I have two shots of Rosenberg Verft at night, I don't know who took these photos.

Statfjord 'B' Deck under construction 

Much closer to home, just before 'after dark' is this sunset from 2002.

Kirklevington sunset
And finally a moonshot.
Mooning in Kirklevington
Fore more dark shots don't forget to visit Written Inc. 178

11 comments:

L. D. said...

I love all the shots and the name Kirklevington is wonderful.

Unknown said...

Hi Bob. Lovely night time shots. I now see that you already have a versatile blogger award. Too late. I've given it to you again. But at tleast you won't have to go through the rigmarole of accepting and responding, and you never know, I might bring you some more visitors.

David Robinson said...

Striking images, Bob, as usual.

We don't get sunsets like that in Oldham.

21 Wits said...

Oh my what a delightful run on after dark! very nice post Bob...what a beautiful place sitting yonger over the wide ocean blue!

Alexia said...

Interesting shots as always, Bob. That red sunset is beautiful, and the moonshot is better than anything I've ever managed!

Tina´s PicStory said...

wonderful shots! :)

Gilly said...

That is a great moonshot - it is so difficult to photograph normally! And the sunset is terrific !

Little Nell said...

I have a weakness for fiery sunsets but that moon shot is my favourite.

RJ Clarken said...

What incredible images! Just beautiful!

Max Sartin said...

Great set of picture, love that first one, the town on the water. And that sunset is spectacular. Good!

A Paperback Writer Photos said...

That top one is amazing.