Pages

Sunday 4 July 2021

Sunday Stamps - Food: Fruits of Malaysia

 Malaysia issued series of stamps depicting Fruits of Malaysia, I had to resort to Google to convert their Latin names.

Nephelium lappaceum

Not that I was much wiser for this 2002 stamp  when I found out that it is 'rambutan' the fruit from the same tree.

I had better understanding from this 2005 tree/fruit

Averrhoa carambola

This provides the 'star fruit'.

I didn't really need a translation for another from 2002.

Carica papaya

Also known as a 'pawpaw'.

For others that could make up your 'five of the day' visit Sunday Stamps follow the links and take your pick.

(Sorry about the scanned quality of my images this week)


3 comments:

violet s said...

ah, I didn't realize that pawpaw was the same as papaya (although that makes sense!)

Mail Adventures said...

I love stamps of vegetables (and real vegetables, of course!).

Joy said...

I don't know rambutan either I wonder what it tastes like.