Pages

Sunday 27 June 2021

Sunday Stamps - Discoveries/Inventions: Denmark

 You may argue that the atomic theory developed by Niels Bohr is not strictly a discovery or an invention. However ts importance cannot be denied.

Denmark issued commemorative stamps for the 50th anniversary of his theory which has stood the test of time.


Denmark - 21 November 1963

It was in the 1950s when I first became aware of his work when studying atomic physics as part of my degree course at St Andrews University.

For more theories, discoveries and inventions check out the links at The Fathers of Invention


5 comments:

viridian said...

I think this counts as a discovery. Thanks for sharing.

LiT Web Studio said...

Thanks for sharing these stamps. I was interested to read that he was an advocate for the peaceful use of nuclear energy. Here are my stamps on Information Technology.

Mail Adventures said...

Very important, indeed. I had never seen these stamps.

violet s said...

I see this as a discovery. And he won a Nobel for it!

Joy said...

Yes I agree, a discovery. I have a rather nice stamp that they issued some years later of a painting of him sat on a bench with his wife, most unusual.