Pages

Sunday 13 June 2021

Sunday Stamps - Cats: Argentina, Bangladesh, Hungary

 A 1959 stamp from Argentina featured a puma. Unfortunately the one in my collection was so heavily postmarked the puma could not be seen.

However thanks to the internet I have been able to find this image - 

Argentina - 1959

Somehow I don't think you would need to get the fire brigade to help it out of the tree.

A pair of stamps from Bangladesh show a magnificent tiger, but perhaps not in a colour that you would expect.

Bangladesh - 30 April 1973

There are a lot of stamps depicting domestic cats so I just had to include one even although I can't say that I am a cat lover.

Hungary - 30 March 1968

For other cats - big or small check out the links at Sunday Stamps - Cat

5 comments:

Mail Adventures said...

The tiger is impressive, and its colour is very original.

Joy said...

The tiger is striking in both attitude and colour.

LiT Web Studio said...

I swear that puma is smiling!

violet s said...

I am a cat lover and have the complete set (I think I have them all) of those Hungarian ones in a frame!
A fuschia tiger is indeed rare :)

viridian said...

Yes it does appear the puma is smiling!