Pages

Sunday 30 May 2021

Small Animals in Britain - Sunday Stamps

 I showed this set of stamps back in 2012 but as it is a favourite of mind I just had to post it again, The strip of five wild animals was issued in 

 1977.

Great Britain - 5 October 1977

We had a hibernating hedgehog in our garden a few years ago. Unfortunately I only see them as roadkill these days.

Grey squirrels still visit us in the hope that the bird feeders have left something for them.

Otherwise there are no hares or badgers near us and I don't know of any otters in the local rivers.

To see other small animals visit the links to be found at Island mammals at Sunday Stamps.

5 comments:

Mail Adventures said...

I have got a couple of these stamps, and they are very beautiful in person. I understand they are favourites!

Joy said...

Beautiful set. Sad how hedgehogs have declined since it was issued.

viridian said...

Great illustrations. The remind me of the Wind in the Willows for some reason.

violet s said...

I can see why this would be a favourite!

Ana said...

I dont recall if I've seen it when you have showed these previously, but I wouldn't mind seeing them again and again. This is cuteness overload! I cant pick a favourite, love them all to bits!