Pages

Sunday 17 January 2021

Sunday Stamps - Women on Stamps: Italy, Greece

 When I saw the 'Women in Art' series on Italian stamps I  realised there was a similarity between them all.

Italy - 2 January 2002

The head is from an Etruscan coin. However I had found another woman as the stamp designer was Christina Bruscaglia.

I now have to check the names shown in the bottom right hand corner of each stamp.

I would like to find a stamp that shows the American Lucille Ball but settled in the end for the lady once known as the Greek Lucille Ball.

Greece - 30 November 2011

This is the actress Rena Vlahopoulou in the series commemorating Greek actors. She died in 2004.

For more ladies you can do no better than visiting and following the links at The dressing table at Sunday Stamps,


4 comments:

FinnBadger said...

I love that you found a stamp designed by a woman.

violet s said...

The Italian stamp has a suitably old world look to it.
The 'Greek Lucille Ball' is timely what with the absurd announcement of Nicole Kidman possibly playing her in a biopic.

Mail Adventures said...

I love that Italian series. I didn't know the designer was a woman.

Joy said...

I wondered what a Lucille Ball stamp would look like and found a 'Lucy Store' site, who knew such a thing existed. It is amazing how many countries have issued stamps. My favourite is one with her as a knife throwers assistant, so funny.