Pages

Sunday 3 January 2021

Sunday Stamps - Food and Drink; USA, Brazil

 I guess many of us have seen a lot of food and drink over Christmas and the New Year but I still had trouble finding stamps for this theme.

The 150th Anniversary of the Statehood of Illinois had some farm buildings and fields of grain on this stamp.

USA - 12 February 1968

The Celebrate the Century Series  contained this curious stamp for the 1900s which fits the food theme I suppose.

USA - 3 February 1998

Agricultural products appear on a number of stamps from Brazil and no it's not coffee that I have found.

Brazil - 1 September 1981

This is Anacardium Occidentale, the evergreen tropical cashew tree that gives us the cashew seed and the cashew nut. Its apple  is used for a drink and concentrated juice.

For more food for thought, or drink if you prefer go over to 


3 comments:

violet s said...

The second stamp is so wonderfully macabre!
I find fields of grain soothing to look at.
And one cannot say enough about how wonderful cashews are. (although I would never have guessed that was what the Brazilian stamp was showing)

Mail Adventures said...

These three stamps are very interesting. I hadn't seen any of them. The second is even a bit scary!

Joy said...

Wow that food and drug stamp is alarming happily you also include the soothing sight of a field of grain.