Pages

Sunday 25 October 2020

Sunday Stamps -Birds: USA, Dubai

This has been one of my favourite themes for over the 10 years that I have been taking part in Sunday Stamps.

The Migratory Bird Treaty between Canada and the United States was signed in 1916 and after 50 years in 1966 it was commemorated by -

USA - 16 March 1966

I have a spreadsheet on which I record each day the type of birds that I can see in or from my village garden. Occasionally each year I see a kestrel hovering over the fields nearby. However when I visit my daughter's home in Michigan I have yet to see the more colourful American kestrel - 

USA - 19 November 1999

This is the self-adhesive issue, the original stamp having been used from 1995.

I will never see two birds in my garden that appear on stamps from Dubai.



Dubai - 9 December 1968

I have enlarge these images in which you can clearly see just what they are.

To see what other birds have  been spotted this week just visit the links at Sunday Stamps

 


2 comments:

Mail Adventures said...

So you are an expert ornithologist!
The birds on Dubai stamps are easier to spot where I live, I'm afraid. At least, the first one.

violet s said...

Birds are my favourite theme as well - on stamps and in the parks (I haven't started a spreadsheet yet, so far just a notebook)
I like the idea of the first stamp, but find it a bit uninteresting looking. The Dubaian stamps are very interesting