Pages

Sunday 18 October 2020

Sunday Stamps: Autumn Colours - Norway, USA

 As I don't really have any autumn colours to show on stamps I thought I would just share some from our garden.

Redwood shrub

The nearest stamp that I could show instead is a painting of a hanging birch by T H Fearnley.

Norway - 18 October 1976

The date it was issued is at least appropriate.

We see fir cones in autumn and so I thought that I could show some Christmas stamps - Holiday Evergreens - from the USA.

USA - 24 October 2010

These are from a double sheet, each containing nine. The recurring four stamps are (from the bottom left corner)

- Ponderosa Pine
- Eastern Red Cedar
- Balsam Fir
- Blue Spruce

For other colourful stamps visit the links at Sunday Stamps






2 comments:

violet s said...

The trees are certainly full of cones this time of year. That is a nice set of evergreens. And nice to see your own fiery shrub.

Mail Adventures said...

I don't recall I had seen the cone stamps, they look very nice.
And your garden colours are gorgeous!