Pages

Sunday 9 August 2020

Sunday Stamps - The Colour Yellow: Czechoslovakia, Romania

Yellow proved a more difficult theme than I expected once I discarded birds and flowers, many of which I have shown before.

However then colias palaeno fluttered in from Czechoslovakia - 

Czechoslovakia - 23 May 1966

This is a Moorland Clouded Yellow.

In Romania I found an exhibition pavilion with a yellow background from the Fourth Bucharest Fair.

Romania - 12 October 1962

For more yellow related stamps, including Romania, start at Sunday Stamps and follow the links.

5 comments:

Joy said...

Who could resist a yellow butterfly, I seem to remember the clouded yellow is a big traveller.

viridian said...

That's a lovely butterfly. I showed one from the USA a few weeks ago.

violet s said...

The butterfly has nice eyes.
I always like seeing designs from the 60s.

FinnBadger said...

Such an interesting design for the Bucharest Fair.

Mail Adventures said...

You found great stamps, eventually!