Pages

Sunday 19 July 2020

Sunday Stamps - Numbers: Argentina, Bangladesh

Most stamps have numbers to show their denomination even when it is 1st or 2nd. There are many countries with little more than numbers in their design. The plainest one I found was from Argentina.

Argentina - 15 March 1976

However the largest number I found which was not a denomination was this - 

Bangladesh - 20 December 1972

Issued for the Independence of 75 Million People and overprinted Bangladesh Liberated.

For more  stamps just visit Numbers and start with two countries in which I spent a lot of time.

5 comments:

Mail Adventures said...

75 million... that makes quite a number!

violet s said...

The number of people who live in Bangladesh never ceases to amaze me.
(we have slightly under 38 million!)

Joy said...

The 7 and 5 make a nice graphic, I imagine that number has increased by a large amount today. The Argentine stamp must be the plainest I've ever seen.

FinnBadger said...

That stamp from Argentina is quite minimal in design and color choice - I wonder what made them go with such a simple design.

viridian said...

thanks for sharing!