Pages

Sunday 12 July 2020

Sunday Stamps - Night Views: Great Britain

It is 80 years this weekend since  the start of the Battle of Britain so it seemed appropriate to me to show this stamp showing St Paul's Cathedral.

Great Britain - Europa. Peace and Freedom -2 May 1995

In 1940 searchlights were a regular night view over London.

You would need a telescope however for night views of these.

Great Britain - Europa, European Music Year - 14 May 1985

Which plane is which - well I recognise Saturn from its rings.

Still on the music theme 1973 saw a tour by Pink Floyd.

Great Britain - 7 July 2016
You would have to have been an astronaut to see the dark side of the actual moon,

For more night views check out the links at Sunset on Sunday Stamps


4 comments:

Mail Adventures said...

You found three interesting stamps!

violet s said...

I think I overdosed on listening to The Planets back in the day, I wonder if I would enjoy it as much now nearly 40 years on?

FinnBadger said...

I love the stamps you chose today - and a clever find with Pink Floyd.

Joy said...

Love the Holst stamp, that was a nice set.