Pages

Sunday 5 July 2020

Sunday Stamps - Land and Sea: USA

I looked for something that is found in the sea and came up with a wildlife conservation.

USA - King Salmon - 1956

I was delighted to find that I could show an aircraft carrier as one of my brothers served on British carriers in WWII.

USA - 10 June 1958

This is a Forrestal class carrier from the 1950s of which 4 were built for the US Navy. They were the first supercarriers.

The event was part of the celebrations of the 350th Anniversary of Jamestown, the place where the first English settlers landed in 1607.



For a look at other land and sea related stamps please visit the links at See it on a Postcard

4 comments:

Mail Adventures said...

These stamps seem much older to me!

Joy said...

What big crowds in Jamestown. My first thought on seeing Eisenhower as aircraft carriers were in my head that he had one named after him.

FinnBadger said...

A great pair of vintage stamps.

violet s said...

I look forward to the salmon run every year, so am hoping to be able to see some this fall. (it's not like the fish can be cancelled from their spawning!)