Pages

Saturday 6 June 2020

Sunday Stamps - Birds: Norway, Poland

I have shown all my stamps of dogs before so this time I settled for birds.

A regular visitor to our garden is the robin so he had to appear first.

Norway - 1 April 1982
I have never seen a falcon so this Polish stamp just had to appear.

Poland - 23 January 1975

Also from Poland is a bird that we know as the plover, peewit or lapwing.

Poland - 5 January 1964

One thing I like about the three stamps is that they all include the Latin names of the birds.

To see what others have chosen this week just hop or fly over to Six Legs on Sunday Stamps

5 comments:

Mail Adventures said...

Very neat illustrations, especially the second stamp.
During this time of calm, we have heard (more than see) a lot of birds.

violet s said...

I was just watching QI and learned that robins do not like the colour red!
I love the Polish kestrel. the male symbol is a nice touch :)

Joy said...

I like the alert lapwing, one of my favourite birds

FinnBadger said...

These stamps are beautifully designed. A pair of cardinals is nesting in the back yard at the moment. Hopefully they'll be successful this year, as they have not been so lucky in the past.

viridian said...

Yes 6 legs here! Our robin in the USA is different of course. Lots of robins in suburbia.