Pages

Sunday 14 June 2020

Sunday Stamps - Celebrations: USA

The old film Citizen Kane was on the UK TV recently - I missed it. 

However I remember the Celebrate the Century series of stamps from the USA. Among others these included - 

USA - 18 February 1999

What I liked about the stamps which celebrated the 1940s was the information on the back of each stamp - 


You will  have to match the info to the individual stamps. For other celebrations please check out the links at Fireworks at Sunday Stamps

5 comments:

Mail Adventures said...

Nice stamps. And I love that film!

violet s said...

Our cable company has been making different channels available over the last 3 months and I've been really enjoying the old movies one of them is showing. A Streetcar Named Desire is on this afternoon.

Modern stamps are often quite bereft of information.

Joy said...

I like the information on the back. By coincidence I watched Brando in Guys and Dolls last night, made about the same time as Streetcar.

FinnBadger said...

Thanks for sharing these. I love this set of stamps, which I do possess (along with the UK Millennium series, probably my all time favorite series from Royal Mail), but always forget about.

The details on the back of the stamps are great, but always made me think they would be lost to anyone but the sender.

Ana said...

I havent seen stamps coming with such details, but as it was said above, they seem to be only useful to the sender and not the recipient.
Speaking of old movies, last one I watched recently was "In a Lonely Place" with Humphrey Bogart