Pages

Sunday 5 April 2020

Sunday Stamps - Geology/Rock - Australia

As geology was one of my subsidiary subjects at University I'm a bit disappointed with what I could find this week. However two rocky spots in Australia came to the rescue in the end.

Australia - 25 August 1978
Australia - 23 August 2002
Broken Bay is a large inlet of the Tasman Sea located about 50 kilometres north of Sydney.

Gariwerd, the land is at the centre of creation stories for many of the Aboriginal communities in south-western Victoria. It is part of the Grampians National Park.

For more rocks and fossils, one of which I have on my desk, just visit the links at Seeitonapostcard.

5 comments:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Bob - I hadn't realised the Tasman Sea was situated between Australia and New Zealand ... how interesting. Then Gariwerd ... again another fascinating area - I've never been south - so would love to go one day! Take care and look after yourselves - Hilary

Joy said...

Nice rock formations.

Mail Adventures said...

These are beautiful formations and so they make very beautiful stamps.

violet s said...

Overhanging rocks have such drama to them.

FinnBadger said...

Australia seems to be blessed with interesting rock formations. Nice that they regularly include them on stamps.