Pages

Sunday 19 April 2020

Sunday Stamps - Blue: Algeria. USA

Looking for blue stamps today took me to some interesting places not least the Bardo Museum in Algiers.


Algeria - 1954
Previously a Moorish villa the Bardo National Museum of Prehistory and Ethnology in Algiers opened in 1926, The stamp shows the courtyard to the museum.

If this time of isolation is making you feel blue and a bit sheepish then this USA sheet of 14 May 2007 is just right for you - and me.

USA - Bighorn Sheep
For some cool blue stamps check out Blue Ice.


6 comments:

Mail Adventures said...

I've been in the Bardo National Museum in Tunisia, and I didn't know it existed a museum with a similar name in Algeria. That confused me!

The blue goat is great.

violet s said...

Oh my, those are some magnificent horns!
And a museum of prehistory sounds interesting. I must look this one up (and add to my list of museums to explore during isolation!)

Joy said...

The Bardo courtyard looks idyllic although I have a fondness for sheep so love the bighorn stamps.

viridian said...

Thank you for sharing, and momentarily transporting us to Algiers.

Mail Adventures said...

Sorry, sheep! :)

FinnBadger said...

Love the classic Algerian stamp. And I don't think I've seen that bighorn sheep stamp before - thanks for sharing it today. Interesting how much the additional ounce rate has varied - I think the highest it has been is 21c, and currently it is down to 15c.