Pages

Sunday 29 December 2019

Sunday Stamps - Dogs and Horses: Great Britain

As the theme this week is something we may choose ourselves I just had to stay with reminders of what I see on my walks (6 days each week).

I talk to most of the dogs I meet ..


Welsh Springer Spaniel
.. but I must confess I've not seen one of these.

The Westie I saw on Saturday went by the name of Monty.

West Highland Terrier
(These were from a set about dogs issued 7 February 1972)

I also try to talk to some horses from a riding school when they are out in a field. They are not like those on a set of stamps issued on 5 July 1978.

However to 'match' the dogs I have chosen - 

Welsh Pony
Shetland Pony
To see choices made by others just visit the links at Sunday Stamps - P



5 comments:

Mail Adventures said...

Nice stamps. Don't you talk to trees?

FinnBadger said...

Dogs and horses - great animals, and on great stamps.

I feel that it is much more common to see horses on British stamps than on US ones.

violet s said...

Wales and Scotland - good choices. And it's interesting to see how very different each animal is from their respective countries!

Joy said...

Both those dogs look like they are enjoying a walk.

Bob Scotney said...

I'm saving trees for another occasion It's a full time occupation talking to them.