Pages

Sunday 24 November 2019

Sunday Stamps - Children; Great Britain

I'm having trouble finding stamps I have not shown before on many of the themes now that I have been on Sunday Stamps so long. 

I have 'cheated' this week by posting two stamps that I have not yet seen other than in these images.


Great Britain - 20 October 2019
This is from a series of recent stamps commemorating the 20th anniversary of 'The Gruffalo' - a children's picture book by Julia Donaldson, illustrated by Alex Scheffler.

The series issued in 2017 on Classic Toys included this - 


Great Britain - 22 August 2017
I wonder what happened to the Meccano set I had as a boy. I never made anything anywhere as impressive with it as that shown on the stamp.

For more children related stamps visit them at the links on Sunday Stamps.

4 comments:

Joy said...

They always showed impressive meccano structures, never a reality for me either.

21 Wits said...

These are quite nice, and the first one very cute! It seems you always do find stamps that are new to me and your information for them are great. I recently bought a new collection of Scooby-Doo our forever stamps, that are very cool!

Mail Adventures said...

I received a Gruffalo stamp, but it came from Germany (See it here: https://mailadventures.blogspot.com/2019/05/es-gibt-ihn-doch.html). I'd really to get this!

violet s said...

I was obviously never meant to be an engineer - my Meccano built bridges always collapsed!
I've seen the Gruffalo around, but never really knew anything about him. have remedied that now :)