Pages

Sunday 10 February 2019

Sunday Stamps - Y3 China, Yugoslavia, USA

I have had  to revert to a country name this week by choosing Yugoslavia for one of my stamps.

Yugoslavia - December 1951
The country broke up in 1992 and the area has had a turbulent history since.

Another country that has seen major changes in my lifetime is -

China - 6 January 1949
The gentleman on the stamp is Dr Sun Yat-sen, once leader of the Chinese National Party known as the father of modern China. He served as the first provisional president of the Republic of China in 1911/1912 and as defacto ruler 1923-1925.

I have never had the chance to visit any of the National Parks in the USA but here is one that is known worldwide.

USA - 24 February 2006
Yosemite National Park
For other Y related stamps check out the links at Seeitonapostcard-y.

3 comments:

Joy said...

I always like Yugoslavia's early engraved stamps. Blogger v Wordpress tricky, I like blogger for its simplicity but it depends on what your vision is for your blog as I seem to remember you can fiddle with the design more on wordpress. (The adverts seem more intrusive on today's Sunday Stamps wordpress)

FinnBadger said...

Great selection - the Yosemite stamp is gorgeous, and makes up for the fact that I have also never visited.

I prefer blogger, but I think you should use whichever platform you like best - we'll still find you each week.

Mail Adventures said...

I'd like to know a bit more about the firs stamp, and what it represents. Nice picture of Yosemite, too1