Pages

Sunday 2 September 2018

Sunday Stamps C3 - Belgium, Denmark

As we are on holiday this week the images I'm showing are from the internet - but I do have the stamps at home.


Belgium - 30 June 1960
Memorial of Congo's Independence
You might argue that the next stamp should be for K, but I spell Copenhagen with  C.

Denmark -5 May 1979
500th Anniversary of Copenhagen University
I would appreciate someone telling me what the diagram represents.

I could not resist showing this Danish Northern Issue of swans.

Denmark - 9 September 2009
Cygnus cygnus
Now you may fly off to check other C stamps at sunday-stamps-c.



5 comments:

Mail Adventures said...

I also spell "Copenhaguen" with a C :)

agi said...

i was curious about the same - the university pentogram seems to represent its five faculties. which letter presents which is another question, i'd only guess H is for humanities :)

Maria said...

I also spell Copenhagen with a "c" ;)

FinnBadger said...

Great stamps, bob. I tried to find out about the seat symbol but failed miserably!

violet s said...

I think everybody but the Danes spells Copenhagen with a C!!
Maybe Humanities, Law (or Literature?), Science, Technology, Medicine