Pages

Sunday 9 July 2017

Aerial Views - Sunday Stamps II

This is yet another theme that proved harder than I thought. 

So much so, in fact, that initially I could only come up with these - not really true aerial shots at all.

USA - Jet Liner over Capitol - 5 December 1962
And from Poland a stamp commemorating the development of air travel.

Poland - 27 November 1978
I googled aerial views and found that of the many stamp images I had only one in my collection and that from 1969.

Spain - Gibraltar - 16 July 1969
I shall have to study what others have posted this week at Sunday-stamps-II-134. to see whether there are different stamps that I could/should have posted.

8 comments:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Bob - interesting to see them anyway ... fun one of Gibraltar ... cheers Hilary

FinnBadger said...

Great stamps, Bob. I feel that this theme (as per usual on Sunday Stamps) can be interpreted in a broad sense.

viridian said...

The Gibraltar stamp is interesting though!

violet s said...

As FinnBadger says, I do try to make the themes open to any interpretation.
It's always interesting to see what people come up.
I love the Polish one - the beginnings of air travel provided much excitement for stamp designers, I think!
And the perspective of the Gibraltar one is neat - I would love top visit there some day, if only to see the hulking big rock!

Jo said...

Arial and in the air are a pretty good match. Love the chopper.

Joy said...

Dramatic rescue helicopter scene. I like the Gibraltar view, interesting that it must have been isssued about the time the border crossing was closed.

Mail Adventures said...

Some weeks ago we commented that there aren't many helicopters on stamps. Then I found one, too, but I didn't thought of it for today's theme.

Pat Tillett said...

They look aerial enough to me.
I really like the almost whimsical look of the helicopter.