Pages

Tuesday 2 August 2016

Trademark - Thematic Photography

We see many names and symbols that we immediately recognise. However we all confuse trademarks, logos and signs frequently not even knowing the difference.

Many of the photos I show on Carmi's weekly challenges are things I see on my daily walk to fetch a newspaper.

Here's me just on my way -

With my 'trademark' back pack
It's a few years old and well worn, so much so in fact that you cannot read the 'Head' name it carries. Whether 'Head' is a trademark I wouldn't know.

I know your eyes are good enough to see the yellow tag it carries. Is this a trademark or just a logo?

Dogs Trust logo?
There is a canine connection in my next shot too in which you should recognise a well-known symbol as well.

Shell Pecten symbol
In 1900 the Shell Transport and Trading Company applied for its first trademark using a shell logo, which is still on the trademark register. The logo evolved, being redesigned in 1904 when the pecten or scallop shell was introduced. 

Now where can I get a pair of shades like that dog? I'll bet they are trademarked.

To see other 'trademark' interpretations visit the links at Carmi's Thematic- photographic-378.

3 comments:

Gilly said...

I reckon if you're sued for using it, its a trademark!! Love the dogs!

Pat Tillett said...

I hadn't really thought about it before, but we are surrounded by logos, trademarks, etc. Now they even sell the right to have them "placed" on TV, and in the movies.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I have a backpack I use all the time, too, Bob. Bought it from a street vendor in 1997 or so.

As for the the trademarks, get ready for it to be even worse...if the TPP and TTIP get passed.
~