Pages

Sunday 22 December 2013

Fantasy Christmas - Sunday Stamps

I resisted the impulse to put up a Christmas stamp with Santa Claus as a figure for this week's fantasy theme and chose instead these three.

USA - Superman
Superman and the following stamp were part of the 'Celebrate the Century' series for the 1930s.

USA - Snow White
But predating them both was this group:

Great Britain - Peter Pan
What better way is there to wish you all a very fantastical Christmas and a Happy New Year than with this clip.



Now you can fly away on other fantasy trips at Viridian's Sunday-Stamps-151.

7 comments:

Postcardy said...

I am surprised that I have never seen a "Super Santa."

Heleen said...

Beautiful stamps, I love them all!

Also to you and your dear ones, I'm wishing a merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!

Lisa B said...

Lovely Peter Pan stamp, a great design and I confess to not having seen it before. Any of those stamps would brighten an envelope.
Wishing you and your family a very Happy Christmas :).

luvlinens said...

When it comes to Christmas I will never grow up, never grow up. I am thinking wonderful thoughts; I jumped from my computer and flew right into the wall. Oh my! I just couldn't find the Pixie Dust. I guess I will just stay home with Nana.
Can you tell which was my favorite stamp?

viridian said...

The Snow White stamp is lovely. And Peter Pan has withstood the test of time. thank you for participating!

Joy said...

Very cheerful stamps so right for the festive season. I never tire of watching Snow White but the Peter Pan stamp is wonderfully imaginative.

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

The Peter Pan stamp is yet another from a set I don't remember.

Merry Christmas to you and yours!