Pages

Sunday 21 April 2019

Sunday Stamps I4 Iceland, Ireland, Sweden

I could have show this under H - for but saved it for this week.

Iceland - 6 October 1961
This commemorated the 50th Anniversary of the University of Iceland. Björn M. Ólsen was the first rector in 1911.

Another 50th anniversary occurred on 21 January 1969 - for the Irish Parliament.

Ireland 
On 5 September 1969 Sweden issued a set of stamps - Three Swedish Artists - which included --

Karl Isakson
Karl Oscar Isakson was a Swedish painter who spent much of his professional life in Denmark where he is considered to be one of the fathers of Modernism.

For other 'I' related stamps please visit Sunday-stamps-i.

4 comments:

FinnBadger said...

An excellent trio for I.

Mail Adventures said...

Iceland and Ireland were more expected, but the third stamp is a surprise. And a fab one, it is.

Joy said...

I have never seen the interior of the Irish Parliament, it looks a grand building.

violet s said...

I often wonder what it must be like to be part of the group that decides which of an artist's work will be put on a stamp.