Pages

Sunday 14 November 2021

Sunday Stamps - Music from Great Britain

The theme in 1985 was Europa Music Year and included in a set of stamps were these two - 

Great Britain -14 May 1985

Great Britain -14 May 1985

In the 1950s while I was still at school I saw a local G&S production of The Pirates of Penzance. In 1992 a series was issued to commemorate the 159th anniversary of the composer Sir Arthur Sullivan - unfortunately I do not have the stamp for this - just one other from the set.

Great Britain - 21 July 1992

For more lively songs and music just play the key links at folk songs

4 comments:

Joy said...

The Europa set is one of my favourites, always a joy to see. Not a fan of G&S but the stamps were great.

violet s said...

I've always like each of these compositions.
I am sure I have a PHQ of the first two but can't find them so am glad you included them this week.

viridian said...

Love the first two. Love the music of course, and also the stamp design.

Mail Adventures said...

That 1985 series is a favourite of mine. I have only two stamps, alas.