Pages

Sunday 7 February 2021

Sunday Stamps - Lunar New Year animals: South Africa, Great Britain

 After 10+ years of Sunday Stamps I have run out of Lunar New Year stamps and have used all other stamps that 'link' to the 12 representative animals.

One lone South African stamp is the nearest I can get to an ox I thought -  

South Africa - African Bull - 31 May 1961

And then purely by chancefound these in my 'odds & sods' box on a cut up card acquired from a market stall more years ago than I remember.

Great Britain - 6 March 1984 FDC

  • 16p Highland Cow
  • 20/1/2p Chillingham Wild Bull
  • 26p Hereford Bull
  • 28p Welsh Black Bull
  • 31p Irish Mulled Cow
To see other lunar New Year Animals check out those linked to Sunday Stamps.



3 comments:

Mail Adventures said...

The "afrikanerbul" is impressive! I've got a couple of the British ones.

violet s said...

The horns on that African bull would be good for social distancing.
That is a nice set of cattle. The only one I hadn't heard of was the Chillingham Wild Bull and found an interesting and informative website.

Joy said...

Some fine cattle. I love seeing highland cows and those beautiful coats.