Pages

Sunday 21 February 2021

Sunday Stamps - Green: Great Britain

 What better way to begin the colour green than at - 

Great Britain - 8 February 2005

This year on that date we were suffering from the start of three days of snow which hung around for a week.

A series of stamps were issued in 1990 to commemorate the 150th Anniversary of Kew Gardens  and all of which fit our green theme.

Great Britain - 5 June 1990

These depict:
  • Cyad and the Sir Joseph Banks Building
  • Stone Pine and the Princess of Wales Conservatory
  • Willow tree and Palm House
  • Cedar Tree and Pagoda
For other countries start in Canada at Sunday Stamps today.


3 comments:

Mail Adventures said...

The first stamp features an amazing landscape. Plus, with a lighthouse!
I ove the design of Kew Garden's stamps.

Joy said...

Strangely I was just listening to an interview with the head of trees at Kew on the world service yesterday. I like the stamp set.

violet s said...

I love that Kew set - which I have :)
Coastal views of UK are always so nice. I love watching the Coast series and seeing Britain from above.